BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Colorado Crossfit Open

On August 28-29th 2010 I competed in my first Crossfit Competition here in Denver.  It was held at Front Range Crossfit, the gym I work out at.  Overall, I took 33 out of 79 females...I thought that was pretty good for myself.  Of course next time I am hoping to do better.

First workout:

3 minutes of backsquats (145lbs)
3 minutes of pull ups
I scored 62 (did 21 squats, 41 pull ups)



Second Workout of the day:

6 Rounds for time:
7 Power Cleans, 105lbs
150m Run

My time 9:36




Sundays Workouts:
First workout:
5 Tire Flips (350lbs)
100m Sprint
5 Tire Flips (350lbs)

My time: 0:58




Final Workout:

2 Rounds:
500m Row
10 Burpees over 6" stick
20 Kettlebell Snatches each hand (35lbs)
30 Ball Slams (30lbs)

My time: 16:44

Ball Slams- you have to catch it in order for it to count...you bring it overhead and slam it to the ground...it doesn't bounce very high as you can see.



It was an amazing experience!  The coaches, the crowds, the athletes, it was quite the sight to see.  There was soooo much cheering, yelling, etc it was unbelievable.  I saw some amazing people, who took the top places, do some incredible lifts and times...very inspiring.

Kris and his parents came and watched me the entire weekend...Kris was so supportive, especially when we got home after the first day.  I couldn't ask for a better husband!
My in-laws were cheering and taking pictures the entire time...so once I get those pictures, which will probably be better and of some of the stuff in the workouts I don't have here (like power cleans) i will post them.

Thanks for all the support from everyone, especially Luke and Jess...they watched for my live updated scores and as soon as I finished they were calling to ask how it went.  It was cool that they could view the live updates!

2 comments:

Jess said...

of course girl!! YOU ROCKED IT!! Love all the photos! very proud of you!

Anonymous said...

All I can say to the cross fit stuff is WOW, I can't believe you can be any more fit than you are!!! Great job Linds.....