BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 17, 2010

Ouray Colorado~ Mini Honeymoon

Labor Day weekend Kris surprised me by taking us to Ouray CO.  It was like our little 3 day honeymoon....it was beautiful.

The first day there we took the dogs for a little walk along this river behind our hotel.  Kris picked me a tiny flower, I thought I would take a few pictures of it....turned out pretty cool I thought.
Out for pizza and beer in Ouray
I kept asking Kris to show me a waterfall at some point, well right after pizza, he took me here....a beautiful waterfall that we were able to walk too...it was getting dark so the pictures didn't turn out too well.
On Saturday we went off roading in the truck up Imogene Pass, the nations second highest pass.  It was amazing, I was scared nearly the entire time while Kris drove....most beautiful sights I have ever seen.

Here is my gorgeous husband...
The beginning of the hike up.

Almost to the top....check out that view!

Getting Closer


Here we are at the top:  13,114 Feet!  IT was incredibly windy and pretty cold, but the view up there was amazing...I couldn't believe it.

Here we are by the mailbox ;)

We left Ouray to head up then we came back down into Telluride, CO.  It was such a cute town and again we ate pizza...at Brown Cow Pizza.  We walked around the town with the dogs, stopping in local shops, then headed back by highway to Ouray.

I will post more fun pictures of our mini honeymoon later!!

Hope you enjoyed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful, can't wait to come visit so we can see it all first hand.................:)

Jess said...

WOW that is awesome!! KRIS WHERE IS YOUR HAIR!!!!

Emily said...

See I told ya he'd have something good planned, he always does!! Looks like you had a great time, its still as beautiful out there as I remember...we need to get back!!

And I was thinking the same thing as Jess...What happened to all your hair, Kris? :)