BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Kris!

Today is Kris' birthday!  Unfortunately he is in Arkansas right now, but on his way back as I type this.  I am picking him up for the airport tonight around 9pm.
While waiting for him to come home today....this is what the girls and I did.

Baked him a cake (decorations....well blame the dogs they did such an awesome job)


Nora got a new treat to celebrate her dad's bday

Allie with her treat...giving me the "you lookin at me??" face

While they snacked on new treats, I planted some plants for our house.  Come to find out the one on the right, the pot has a crack that goes allllll the way down it.  So tomorrow, back to home depot :(

This is how the below one started....I cut it from a plant I have had for about 3 years.  Before I deployed I brought the plant to my parents house so my mom could take care of it.  Well Nora was hanging out in the room the plant was in....and 20 minutes later, the entire plant was destroyed!  So my mom did what I have just done, cut a lil part off and re-grew it for me....so when I came home she had a healthy plant to give Kris and I for our home.

So I am starting the process over again as well to make another new plant....
Today is day 1 for the this lil guy.


This is part of the plant, planted, finally.  I started regrowing this one below when we were in Missouri.  So I have been watching the roots grow for about 4 months now...lets pray it grows in its new home.



Here is the original plant, the one my mom rescued for me and has now moved into a new pot since then.

Mom do you remember how small this was when you gave it to me?  
It was about the size as the one above I believe....


We are now up to 5 plants in our house, with one in the works.  They say you should have 10-15....working on there, just need pots. haha

So I am off to wrap Kris' birthday present before he gets home.



HAPPY 26TH BIRTHDAY KRIS!!!

1 comments:

Jess said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRIS!! Sorry we didn't call on your birthday...saved by the airport! That is my excuse! WINK WINK! can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks!